Have you ever wanted to know why hygiene during an abortion is important? To start with, being clean and organized will keep your mind calmer. It will make you feel better and fight the symptoms of stress. At the same time, you will stay in excellent health, without any impact on your physical health. If not, there is always a raised chance of contracting an infection, sepsis, or other issues, which may affect the success of the pregnancy termination procedure.
Thus, in this blog, we will talk about some of the tips for hygiene during the abortion process that you can follow.
1. Avoid Vaginal Penetration of Any Kind
As the vagina continuously passes out pregnancy portions through heavy vaginal bleeding, do not penetrate the vaginal canal with anything. This includes any kind of product you may otherwise utilize to cleanse inside. Thus, douching is a strict no.
- Also, do not put in tampons or menstrual cups. Even though they can contain the bleeding, it is not a good idea to use the menstruation item during pregnancy termination.
- After successfully ending the pregnancy, do not have vaginal intercourse for at least 2 to 3 weeks. Taking these steps will protect the reproductive organs from injury and pathogens.
2. Large Sanitary Pads for the Bleeding
To maintain hygiene during abortion use only large and absorbent sanitary pads for heavy bleeding. The maxi pads are one of the best options. Some women protect the undergarment line by placing more than one napkin at a time. But that is not always mandatory.
- As long as you utilize a thick napkin available from any pharmacy, you can take care of the bleeding. Remember to change the napkins at a timely interval.
- You may see pregnancy contents on the pad such as the sac, pregnancy tissues, shed endometrial lining, and the embryo.
3. Wipe Yourself Down but Not too Vigorously
You may have to wash your genitals sometimes. While it is fine and necessary to do so, do not rub yourself down harshly. Use a soft linen or towel to slowly absorb the water residue on the genitals and the opening of the vagina.
- As understood from the above-mentioned, do not use anything to wipe the insides of the vaginal canal.
- Also, do not try to pull out any tissues by yourself by inserting your fingers inside.
- Avoid the usage of any hygiene lotions or products for female genital health at this time.
4. Use Fresh Linen and Clothes
Yes, hygiene during the abortion process starts with the clothes you wear. It does not have to be brand new. But make sure they are fresh and washed. None of the clothes should be wet but dry and smelling fresh devoid of dust or any pollutants. Change the linen of your bed before beginning with pregnancy termination.
We are not talking about dipping yourself in luxury perfumes and makeup, but personal hygiene. That is a basic thing to observe during a medical abortion. Even though you are in the comfort of your home, do not forget to maintain cleanliness for yourself.
- We already spoke about fresh clothes and linen. Apart from that, do your business at the usual time, and pass urine when you want to.
- Do not hold it off as it will strain the bladder and affect your health. However, do not take a long shower once the bleeding begins.
6. Keep the Surroundings Free of Clutter
An untidy room will add to stress and depression. If you are already having mixed emotions about abortion, the cluttered surrounding will make you feel more messed up. Thus, before starting the course of abortion pills, stock away any unnecessary things you find loitering on the floor and furniture. Arrange objects in order to bring a symmetrical look to the space.
- If you think there are additional things that the room can do without, move it to another place.
- But if the objects in question are heavy or not easy to move, let them remain where they are. It is not advisable to physically pressurize yourself at this moment.
- You can get disposable utensils to avoid the hassle of washing the dishes you eat. But if you are eating the usual dishes, do not let them linger in the room. Move it outside the door or in the kitchen.
To Sum it Up
Pregnancy termination with pills is possible at home. Since you have complete control over the procedure, it is necessary to observe certain precautions. One of them is hygiene during abortion process, which can keep at bay risks of health issues, worsened side effects, infections, and other complications.