Recently updated on February 2nd, 2023 at 08:56 am
Pregnancy can be planned, unplanned, wanted, unwanted and many other things, but the issue lies when the women is not ready or do not want to have a child. In such cases she may either choose parenting, adoption or an abortion.
If she chooses pregnancy cancellation
The doctor may recommend the woman the procedure as per the gestational limit and other factors. However, if she chooses to abort with abortive medication, there are some aspects that she needs to be eligible for medical termination.
The medical termination of pregnancy is known as an early abortion option, as it is only for women who are pregnant within 10 weeks of gestation. Abortions pills named Mifepristone and Misoprostol are two medications that are used to end an intrauterine pregnancy (where the embryo is attached inside the uterus.
The process includes two stages; the first step involves taking one pill of mifepristone (200 mg). It is a progesterone blocking drug which prohibits the action of the hormone progesterone (which is important for pregnancy continuation). While the second drug, Misoprostol is to be taken in four pill dosages each weighing 200 mcg after an interval of 24-48 hours. Both the medications are also presented in an MTP Kit and in recommended dosage.
Who is eligible for a medical abortion?
Many women around the globe buy abortion pills for termination, but not all are suitable for the procedure. Some of the factors that make you ineligible for medical pregnancy termination are the following –
- If the woman suspects an ovarian pregnancy (embryo situated outside the uterus)
- Medical history which includes liver/kidney disease, high blood pressure and heart disease.
- If the woman has IUD in place which will not be removed before the procedure
- If she is taking long term corticosteroids
- If she is suffering from poorly managed inflammatory bowel disease
- If she suffers from myasthenia gravis, myotonic dystrophy, muscular dystrophies or sickle cell disease.
- Adrenal failure
- If she is taking anti-coagulants or if she has a hemorrhagic disease of porphyria
- It is also recommended for women having anemia to not choose another type of procedure.